Wednesday 20 August 2008

What will I need?

Does the thought of coming to a crop sound like fun, until you think about packing all of your supplies? Crops are a great way to get inspired, meet new people and if you’re organized, make a number of pages. Sometimes scrapbookers (myself included) spend just as much time packing and unpacking as they do actually scrapbooking.
Let’s start with what you don’t need to bring: every scrapbook supply you own. I’ve been guilty of packing up a large crate full of stuff, plus a couple of paper totes and a tool tote and by the end of the day realize I didn’t even open the tote. (sound familiar?) Here’s a quick list of what to bring so you avoid this pitfall and have plenty of time to complete your beautiful pages and have less to carry as well.
1. Page Kits…Plan ahead on what pages and projects you want to work on during the crop. Pack your photos, papers and embellishments together so you can start work easily. I put coordinating papers together, right after I buy them and print photos then so whenever I’m in the scrapping mood I can sit right down and get to work instead of scavenging for supplies. It’s also a great way of keeping track of what I’ve bought.
2. Your basic tools…I know the definition of basic is different for everyone.
Here’s my list…
** Paper trimmer
** Adhesives
** Black ink pad and acrylic block…other colour inks depending on pre-planned pages
** Journaling block stamp if you have any
** Ruler
** Scissors
** Paper Piercer
** Cutting mat
** Your choice of punches or prepunched shapes
3. 3 or 4 sheets of your most commonly used cardstock colours. Plus a small bag of cardstock scraps in a variety of colours.
4. Your favorite rubber stamps (You know the alpha you reach for over and over again and few other basic shapes)
5. Please also bring a packed lunch.... Studies show chocolate boosts creativity!!!!
We supply tea/coffee/cakes and biscuits but I think it’s always nice to have a water bottle on hand.
That’s it…yes really…and you can probably fit all of this into one tote bag and tool carrier. If you’re still worried about life without the 42 packs of Thickers you used to bring to a crop, think about these things:
You probably have a friend who hasn’t read this post and packed her kitchen sink, so you can borrow from her.
You will be going home eventually and can finish the page then.
Now that you know how to pack for a crop, it’s time to make your reservation so please feel free to email funcrop@live.co.uk

7 comments:

Curly said...

This is a really helpful reminder for me thanks for the list I love to pack page kits I find I invariably get more done that way.

Shirley said...

I hope everyone enjoys the crops they will be great fun I am sure :)
XXX

Anonymous said...

I am really looking to the crop and seeing everyone again Kathy

Anonymous said...

Sorry miss forward out. Blogs are new to me Kathy

Anonymous said...

Hope you find the list useful - I do!

Look forward to seeing everyone having lots of fun:):)

Anonymous said...

I had a really lovely day and got so much done. Nice to see everyone again Kathy

Anonymous said...

Great photographs everyone busy working away cannot wait for the next crop